Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Low Down!!!

I know, I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! But I do have a good reason for not keeping this updated lately. It seems that there are a lot of cats out of the bag and since this one was announced on Sunday the cat is no longer in the bag so I'm free to talk about it. My senior pastor is leaving to seek warmer climate. He has been suffering with his allergies for the past couple years and our old church has only made it worse. So, he has been on vacation for the past couple weeks leaving me in charge of a church of 250+ with no other staff to help. I used to think that teens took up a lot of your time boy was I in for a surprise! Just this past week alone from Sunday to Saturday, I had over 70+ hours of ministry, WHAT BLOWS MY MIND IS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WERE WITH MY SON SO THEY WEREN'T COUNTED AS MINISTRY SO BASICALLY I WORKED 70hrs in a 5 day week! I don't even have time to go to the bathroom to get a tissue so i just wipe the boogers under my desk!!! LOL...just a joke...well, maybe not completely. I have a lot of videos to show so please don't lose faith yet. I'm hoping to do it here soon! This transition happened really quick. Put it this way three weeks ago pastor Jeff thought he was staying another year or so and now his last sermon is this Sunday, so be praying for him. I love church boards as well, I asked them now that I'm taking the role of the senior pastor do I get paid more, and they just chuckled and moved on. I'm glad that I'm not in ministry for the money. Okay all, I just wanted to keep you posted and to please be patient with me.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Aww, you got everyone's hopes up that this would be the Sonja post! ;)
Congratulations on the new job, by the way! I take it this means you won't be taking a job closer to Judah now after all, though...? We were looking forward to that, but understand that things change.
Congrats again anyway, and can't wait to see pics from your Valentines weekend!!! :)

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.