Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ozzy's secret chamber

Today I got the full tour of the house and saw some of the most amazing things in a house that I've ever seen. The first floor was very comfortable and you could tell that most of the items in the house had come from all over the world. Everything from huge vases to beautiful hand crafted furniture. It would take forever to describe all the details that were on the first floor. Heading down to the basement the stairs were lined from top to bottom covering every inch of the wall were nothing but Gold and Platnum records. The doors heading into the basement were 9 foot doors weighing over 300lbs each! The first room you walk into is a sound studio with the most expensive recording studio equipment you've ever seen. There was a small room on the left with a gold mic and mic stand that had been hand crafted where Ozzy does his voice recordings. Now this was the coolest thing I saw, behind the studio was Ozzy's personal chambers. The walls were red and black with very low lighting and a huge fire place that you'd see in a castle. Above the fire place was a huge 60in plasma tv and in the middle of the room was the coolest velvit couch and to the left of the couch was a HUGE wooden chair that looks like it was made for a king. It had a high back and large arm rests with some of the most intricut woodwork I've ever seen. What I'm going to tell you next is something that only few people in the world have seen. In this room was a book case filled with very old books. Kim and I walked up to the book case and Kim pulled a lever on the book case and it came out from the wall and opened up into a secret room. In this room hung guitars that Ozzy has collected from the beginning of his career and other guitars that had been given to him by BB King and many others. There was no telling how much these guitars were worth. I can't tell you how much of a privilage it was to see all this stuff and get a glimps of rocking roll history!

2 comments:

The Lashers said...

Paul, you are awesome. I've never met you (I'm Will, Brooke's husband,) but still think you are awesome man. You are an inspiration to me as a father, as our little Breckin is soon due.

And yes, I'm jealous that you have had the privelege of seeing rock n roll history first hand.

paulcolemissions said...

Thanks Will, that means alot! I got some great pictures on my phone that I'll be putting on my blog soon. Tell Brooke I said hi!